For our R&D function in Sweden we're looking for an Electrical Engineer, ready to discover better connections for a smarter future. The Electrical Engineer works as a technical expert within electrical performance in cables, including signal transferring and test and measurements.
The role works in close cooperation with the Design team to understand our customers’ needs and supply the best cable solution for their applications. The Electrical Engineer will give technical support to the global organisation, supervise and train technical staff globally within electrical engineering and measurements.
The R&D function consists of a team of 10 engineers and technicians with global responsibility to provide technical support, develop technology, keep the company up to date with technology development, competence development, internal training and expert level of knowledge within following core competence areas: Project management, Electrical engineering, Polymer engineering, Measurement, Analysis, Test Equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Supervise and train technical staff globally within electrical engineering and measurements
- Supervise and give guidance to junior positions within electrical engineering, electrical tests and measurements, projects or other engineering work
- Provide technical support to the global organisation and our customers
- Keep dialogue with external test facilities, suppliers and universities
- Communicate with all other departments and companies within the Habia Cable Group, customers, suppliers, universities, research organisations and external consultants
- Cooperate with Design to construct cables that fulfill customers’ requirements
- Perform or supervise electrical tests and measurements
Work in engineering/development projects
- Manage Assignments in area of responsibility
- Perform engineering work of average to significant complexity within clearly defined assignments, with only general guidance of senior position
- Provide technical expertise in engineering or development projects
- Produce system documentation, including training manuals
- May plan and supervise a team for smaller projects
- May participate and give lectures in professional conferences or workshops
- Communicate with universities and research organisations, all departments within the company, customers, suppliers and external consultants
Your education and experience
University diploma within Electrical engineering with MSc or PhD degree. More than 3 years of relevant engineering experience:
- Electrical tests and measurements
- Electrical calculations on cables
- HF theory
- Signal transmission
- The effect of materials on electrical properties
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organisation, and our customers
- Ability to make strategic decisions in the engineering work
- Ability to analyse complex data sets and make conclusions and recommendations to meet specifications and functional requirements
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills
Placement: Sweden; Söderfors (production facility) or Bredden, Upplands Väsby (Head office) – with travel to Söderfors
Are you interested?
Send us your application with CV and personal letter, no later than 21 May 2021. Great emphasis will be placed on your personal qualities that are characterised by your strong commitment and ability to build trust and relationships.
If you have questions about the position or the recruitment process please contact Johanna Björling, Recruiting Manager, tel. +46 70 631 00 20